When He Was Wicked PDF is a historical romance novel written by Julia Quinn. It was first published in 2004 by Avon Books, a subsidiary of HarperCollins Publishers. The book is the sixth installment in the Bridgerton series, which has gained widespread popularity after the success of the Netflix series adaptation.
|Book||When He Was Wicked|
|Originally published||June 29, 2004|
|Category||Romance novel, Historical romance|
When He Was Wicked received generally positive reviews from readers and critics alike. Many praised Quinn’s writing style, which is known for its witty dialogue and engaging characters. The book also explores themes such as love, loss, and redemption, making it a compelling read for fans of historical romance.
The novel is available in various formats, including hardcover, paperback, ebook, and audiobook. The audiobook version is narrated by Simon Prebble, who has received critical acclaim for his work on other Julia Quinn audiobooks.
Summary of When He Was Wicked
The novel tells the story of Michael Stirling, a handsome and charming man who has been in love with his cousin’s wife, Francesca Bridgerton, for years. Despite his efforts to suppress his feelings, he cannot help but be drawn to her. However, Francesca is happily married to John, and Michael knows that he cannot act on his feelings.
Years later, Michael receives the devastating news that John has died in a carriage accident. He attends the funeral and sees Francesca for the first time in years. He realizes that his feelings for her have not diminished and that he wants to pursue her romantically.
Francesca is also struggling with her feelings. She loved John deeply and is grieving his loss. However, she cannot deny the attraction she feels towards Michael. The two of them begin a passionate and intense affair, but they are aware of the social norms that forbid such behavior.
Despite their mutual feelings, Francesca and Michael know that they cannot be together publicly. They agree to end their affair and go their separate ways. However, they both realize that they cannot forget each other and that their love for one another is too strong to ignore.
- Michael Stirling, the Earl of Kilmartin – The protagonist of the novel, Michael is a charming and rakish nobleman who has been in love with his best friend’s wife, Francesca, for years.
- Francesca Bridgerton – Francesca is the widow of Michael’s best friend, John. She is a beautiful and intelligent woman who is struggling to come to terms with her grief and her unexpected attraction to Michael.
- John Stirling – Although he is deceased at the beginning of the novel, John is an important character in the story. He was Michael’s best friend and Francesca’s husband, and his death has left a void in the lives of those who loved him.
- Lady Danbury – Lady Danbury is a recurring character in the Bridgerton series, and she plays a key role in “When He Was Wicked”. She is a feisty and outspoken noblewoman who takes an interest in Michael’s romantic predicament and provides him with advice and support.
- The Bridgerton family – Although they are not the primary focus of the novel, several members of the Bridgerton family make appearances throughout the story, including Francesca’s brothers Anthony and Benedict, as well as their mother, Lady Violet.
Series In Order
- “The Duke and I”
- “The Viscount Who Loved Me”
- “An Offer from a Gentleman”
- “Romancing Mr. Bridgerton”
- “To Sir Phillip, With Love”
- “When He Was Wicked”
- “It’s in His Kiss”
- “On the Way to the Wedding”
About Julia Quinn
Julia Quinn is a bestselling American author who is known for her historical romance novels. She was born Julie Pottinger in 1970 in New York City and grew up in the United States and Europe. She graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Art History.
Quinn began writing romance novels in the late 1990s, and her first novel, “Splendid,” was published in 1995. She has since published over 30 novels, many of which have become New York Times bestsellers. Her books have been translated into numerous languages and have sold millions of copies worldwide.
Quinn is best known for her Bridgerton series, which was adapted into a Netflix original series in 2020. The series has gained widespread popularity and has brought renewed attention to Quinn’s novels. Quinn is known for her witty and engaging writing style, her well-developed characters, and her ability to create compelling romantic storylines. She has won numerous awards for her work, including the RITA Award from the Romance Writers of America.
Quinn lives in the Pacific Northwest with her family and enjoys reading, traveling, and watching British television shows in her free time. She continues to write and publish new novels, and her books remain popular among fans of historical romance.
Buy From Amazon In Multiple Languages
“When He Was Wicked” by Julia Quinn is available in English language editions, both in print and digital formats. There may be translations available in other languages depending on the country, but it is not a guarantee.
|Book Editions||Check Now|
Read & Download When He Was Wicked PDF Online
Click on the download button below to get a pdf file of the When He Was Wicked book.
Join the discussion