Cracking the Coding Interview PDF is a book published by Gayle Laakmann McDowell in 2007 that aims to help readers prepare for interviews with technology companies. The book contains 189 programming challenges and discusses how to approach and solve them.
The book also provides tips on how to ace an interview, including how to behave during an interview and what questions to ask. It explores different types of questions that might be asked, such as brain teasers, technical questions, and behavioral questions. It helpfully provides sample answers to common questions. If you are hoping to land a job at a tech company, Cracking the Coding Interview is an essential guide.
The book has been well-received, with many reviewers praising its usefulness in helping readers prepare for interviews. Cracking the Coding Interview has sold over 1.5 million copies and has been translated into 35 languages. It is available in print, ebook, and audiobook formats.
Table of Contents
Cracking the Coding Interview Summary
Cracking the Coding Interview is a book written by Gayle Laakmann McDowell. The book is intended to help people prepare for technical interviews for software engineering jobs. It contains 150 programming interview questions and answers, as well as advice on how to approach and tackle each type of question.
The book is divided into four sections:
- Fundamentals: This section covers the basics of data structures and algorithms. It also contains a chapter on tips for acing the technical interview.
- Data Structures: This section covers common data structures such as arrays, linked lists, trees, and hash tables.
- Algorithms: This section covers algorithms such as sorting, searching, and graph algorithms.
- System Design and Miscellaneous: This section covers system design questions and miscellaneous topics such as bit manipulation and recursion.
Each chapter in the book starts with a list of interview questions. The questions are then followed by hints on how to solve them, as well as the full solutions.
Details of Cracking the Coding Interview Book
|Book||Cracking the Coding Interview|
|Author||Gayle Laakmann McDowell|
Multiple Languages Editions of Cracking the Coding Interview Book
The book has been translated into multiple languages, including Chinese, Japanese, and Russian. There is also a 6th edition of the book which contains 150 new programming interview questions and answers.
|Book Editions||Check Now|
About the Author
Gayle was born and raised in Pennsylvania. She received her B.S. in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania in 2006, where she was a member of the women’s varsity swim team and president of the Penn Pals volunteer organization. After graduation, Gayle worked as a software engineer at Google for four years, where she wrote the initial version of the Google AdWords API.
Gayle has been interviewed on numerous television and radio programs, including Bloomberg TV, Fox Business News, NPR’s Marketplace, and WNYC’s Freakonomics Radio. She has also given talks at over 50 universities, including Stanford, Princeton, Penn, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Yale, and the University of Michigan.
Gayle is the author of two books: Cracking the Coding Interview, which helps engineers prepare for interviews at top tech companies, and The Google Resume, which helps people with non-technical backgrounds get jobs at Google and other top tech companies.
Cracking the Coding Interview PDF Free Download
Click on this download button below to get a pdf file of Cracking the Coding Interview book
Similar Books to Cracking the Coding Interview Book
- Programming Interviews Exposed: Secrets to Landing Your Next Job by John Mongan, Noah Kindler, and Eric Giguere
- The Algorithm Design Manual by Steven Skiena
- Elements of Programming Interviews by Adnan Aziz, Tsung-Hsien Lee, and Amit Prakash
- Introduction to Algorithms by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, and Clifford Stein
- Cracking the PM Interview: How to Land a Product Manager Job in Technology by Gayle Laakmann McDowell and Jackie Bavaro
- The Google Code Lab Series by Al Sweigart, Natasha Latawiec, Charles Severance, and Luca Felicetti
- How to Ace the Programming Interview: 150 Questions and Answers for Success by Gayle Laakmann McDowell
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
Is Cracking the Coding Interview book worth reading?
Yes, Cracking the Coding Interview book is definitely worth reading! This book provides great insight into how to prepare for coding interviews.
How do you practice Cracking the Coding Interview?
There are a few different ways that you can practice Cracking the Coding Interview:
- By using online resources
- By attending interview prep courses
- By practicing on your own
- By using a combination of all of the above!
Is Cracking the Coding Interview beginner-friendly?
Yes, Cracking the Coding Interview is beginner-friendly. This book provides great tips and advice for those who are just starting to prepare for coding interviews.
What language is Cracking the Coding Interview in?
The language of Cracking the Coding Interview is English.
Is LeetCode better than Cracking the Coding Interview?
Both LeetCode and Cracking the Coding Interview offer great resources for preparing for coding interviews. It really depends on what you are looking for and what works best for you.
Is Cracking the Coding Interview difficult?
No, Cracking the Coding Interview is not difficult. This book provides great tips and advice for those who are preparing for coding interviews.